PROFESSIONAL ICE MAKERS
WHY CHOOSE ICEMATIC PROFESSIONAL ICE MAKER?
Icematic has been working in the field of commercial ice machine production since 1963. Long tradition helped us to develop in-depth knowledge of the whole “ice system” with exclusive patented innovative and revolutionary technologies and build machinery that is more performing, safer and more reliable every day, even in the long run. Thanks to this exclusive technology, we can guarantee our customers an absolutely customised ice production with a significant improvement in quality and considerable energy savings.
One of the most important considerations is the production capacity of the ice maker. Assess your specific needs and determine how much ice your establishment requires on a daily basis. Look for an ice maker that can consistently produce the desired quantity of ice within your operational timeframe. Consider factors such as the ice production rate per cycle, overall daily capacity, and any additional storage options available.
The quality and type of ice produced by the ice maker are crucial, as different types of ice serve different purposes. Common types include full cubes, hollow cubes, square cubes, crushed ice, granular ice, and flake ice. Consider the needs of your catering business, such as beverage service, food cooling, or product displays, and choose an ice maker that can produce the appropriate type of ice to meet these requirements. Additionally, ensure that the produced ice is of high quality, transparent, and free from impurities.
Maintenance and cleaning of a professional ice maker are crucial for ensuring optimal performance and extending the lifespan of the device. Here are some important tips for maintenance and cleaning:
1. Regular cleaning: Regularly cleaning the ice maker is essential for removing mineral deposits, sediment, and bacteria buildup. Follow the manufacturer’s instructions for cleaning intervals. Most machines have an automatic cleaning cycle that needs to be performed. Use recommended cleaning agents that are safe to use and won’t damage the components of the machine. We recommend using the professional ice maker cleaner Icematic Cleaner.
2. Water source control: Ensure that the water source used for ice production is clean and free from contaminants. Use a commercial water filter or water softener and regularly check the condition of the filter, replacing it when necessary. This will maintain the purity of the ice and reduce the need for frequent machine cleaning.
3. Check for leaks and maintain components: Regularly inspect the tightness of the machine’s pipes, connections, and valves. Make sure there are no water or air leaks as they can negatively impact the machine’s performance. Also, check the condition of the ice cutter or cylinder and clean or replace it as needed.
4. Proper storage and handling of ice: If the ice maker is not in continuous operation, it is important to store the ice correctly. Remove any remaining ice, turn off the machine, and empty the ice bin. We recommend storing ice in clean and hygienic ice storage bins, separate from other food items, to prevent contamination. Also, avoid contact between ice and raw food or chemicals.
5. Regular servicing: Regular maintenance and servicing of the machine are crucial for its optimal operation. Follow the manufacturer’s recommended service intervals and, if needed, contact Elmont’s service technicians. Regular maintenance will help detect any potential issues early on and prolong the machine’s lifespan.”